Newborn sessions can be done two ways: in home lifestyle or in studio. I love both types of sessions and decided to offer them both. Sure, I could only offer one type of newborn session, but why limit myself? They both are beautiful. So what’s the difference? How do you choose which is right for you? I’m here to help you choose!
Studio sessions are the most popular with my clients. This is when you get the posed portraits of your sleeping baby on blankets and in baskets. You can sit back and relax while I work with your newborn. My studio is designed with newborns and their siblings in mind. It’s a beautiful 1,000 square foot space with 3 rooms and private bathroom.
Reasons to pick studio:
- You just love the posed newborn look so much. I will only do these posed newborn photos in my studio. I can control the environment and have everything I need to get you those images.
- You don’t want to be in photos. I do encourage parent photos, but I know what it’s like to have a baby. Some parents just don’t want to be in the photos at that time for various reasons. In home sessions are largely focused around parents being in photos.
- Your home concerns you. There are many reasons you may not want me to come to your home. If you have really loud dogs who will bark the entire time at a stranger invading his/her space. You don’t get any or very little natural light. You are in a rental and it’s just not your style. You just moved and everything is boxed up.
In Home Lifestyle
These sessions really pull at my heart because they have a natural, real life feel. They are done in your home. This is a little more work on the parents since you will be in a lot of the photographs and prepping your home. I do not expect you to wipe down walls, but you will need to tidy up. There is minimal posing and studio style shots done in home. I will bring some fur and a wrap to get a couple, but that is it. No backdrops, beanbags, props, etc. It’s about you and your baby in your environment.
Reasons to pick in home:
- You don’t like posed newborns and prefer a candid/natural style. You love your home and want to be comfortable, casual and have your true life captured.
- You want to be in photographs with your family. Moms often don’t get in front of the camera and you want the opportunity to be included in as many as possible.
- You have put time into creating the nursery and want to have that included in the photographs.
- You get beautiful natural light in your living room, master bedroom and/or nursery.